The conference agenda will include sessions and events to engage everyone within the Make-A-Wish family and offer educational content that spans all disciplines within the organization (leadership, governance, wish granting, volunteer management, finance, operations, development, brand advancement, etc.).
Board member and volunteer, Linda Richardson, generously offered to send two volunteers, all expenses paid, to our annual national conference.
Selected volunteers must complete the responsibilities outlined below after attending the conference.
The celebration will commence at the Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, AZ Oct. 16-20, 2017. The volunteer should anticipate traveling by air with our team on Monday, October 16th, and traveling back to Las Vegas on Friday, October 20th.
*Learning paths to be released soon
- Must be an active volunteer for at least one year
- Must have current Conflict of Interest on file
- Must have a current background check
- Must be up to date on all trainings
- Must have completed 25 hours of service, 2 activities, or have at least one wish in progress
- Must dedicate time with staff to execute new strategies and tactics learned at the conference including training, as necessary
- Must be an ambassador for Make-A-Wish Southern Nevada
- Must actively recruit volunteers
- Must assist with volunteer retention program
- Must help execute the volunteer recognition program
*You must meet all criteria listed above and agree to the notated expectations.
To apply, download the application and submit to Rachel Nelson, Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close July 31st, 2017.